Swelling after delivery

Has anyone had swelling in the feet/ankles/legs after delivery and if so, what did you do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh yeah! My feet were huge. They went down after a few days I believe. I didn't do anything about it.
    Anonymous

• I don't htink you can do anything about it. My doc told me it was normal. My feet looked like Fred Flinstone's.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yep. As long as one isn't more swollen than the other, it's normal. If one is more swollen, it could be a blood clot.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Nothing you can do. Just try to relax as much as possible. and try to stay off of your feet. My swelling went on for a couple weeks off and on after.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• my whole body was swollen after i delivered, the day i left the hospital i only weighed 8 lbs less than i did when i went in and i had an 8 lb baby. my feet stayed swollen for two weeks. i would keep them propped up but it didnt seem to help any.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2009