ok my daughter...........

my 18 month old just last night learned how to climb out of her crib should i take the sides down? and what if she falls out while sleeping ? and she WONT seep with me so how do i get her to sleep in a big girl bed and not get up?

cielo1

Asked by cielo1 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My neighbor has recently put her son in a twin bed and put up two guard rails up side by side and the bed up against a wall. He can climb out near the bottom but doesnt fall out.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I don't know how to keep her in a big girl bed without getting out, but they do have crib netting that some people use to keep their children from climbing out of the crib. I have never used it, but have heard of other people who love it.
    Anonymous

• I use a crib tent and it's great. My son happily zips himself in at night. He loves it. You can get them on amazon.com.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• First be sure to put your crib matress on it's lowest setting. If she can still climb out, then you could go the route of the crib tent or have her sleep with the rail down (so she won't have as far to fall should she climb). You can also put cushions/pillows on the floor to soften a fall. I'd also recommend putting a gate at her door so if she does get out in the middle of the night she'll be safe in her room.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• okay i fifteen months my toddler had been scaling in and out of his crib and scaring me, i thought it was too early for a toddler bed and was told about the netting...yeah if yours is as crafty as mine it did not work. I went out and got him a cool car bed with a canopy for under $100 and the first week he was mad but we made it fun by going around and saying goodnight to the family members and telling them he was going to sleep in his big boy bed then i would walk him in his room lay him down with a cup of water in case he got thirsty and read the same book to him everynight.."good night moon" after i started doing that he just said night and kissed me and i closed the door and on the few occasions that he did wake i would go in there lay him back down tuck him back in and halfway through the short book he was back to sleep or telling me good night. Hope this helps
    teamlittlex1

Answer by teamlittlex1 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• When my son was a year and a half I put him in a toddler bed. If you are consistant in making them sleep in their bed , they should get the idea.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 10:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• When we switched DD's bed to a toddler bed she usually stayed in it but when she didn't we just had to be consistent with putting her back in there.
    cassandrans

Answer by cassandrans at 12:46 AM on Feb. 24, 2009