What is this and what could have caused it?

I have had a cold for about a week now. Earlier I blew my nose. When I did my right ear popped and I lost my hearing. Then I got severely dizzy, and my head was tingling. I got real cold but was sweating. When I got some of my hearing back, I went back to normal but felt like I was flushing. Could it have just been my blood pressure rising? I am really getting worried, I have never had it before.

BIMOM21

Asked by BIMOM21 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like you either burst or damaged your ear drum when you blew your nose. My eardrum burst a total of three times over the course of my childhood. Similar symptoms. You might also have an ear infection or sinus infection causing the other symptoms. See your doctor.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• You probably have fluid in your ears...and pressure is building up. When you blow your nose...you get a similar effect of going up in the mountains...with the ear popping. I'm not sure how to explain why with out showing you a picture...but your equilibrium gets off...which causes the dizzy, off balance feeling....happened to me last week. With in a few hours I felt normal again.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Go to an urgent care center or see your doctor first thing tomorrow. The dizziness is probably related to your ear problem, but in case you have an infection you need to get checked.

Answer by Bmat at 7:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Doctor - ASAP! That could be serious..it sounds that way to me! Keep us posted and hope you're ok..
    irishstarz

Answer by irishstarz at 7:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2009