Pregnant & Breastfeeding: Is it possible?Is it safe?

I am currently trying to conceive and am still breastfeeding my daugther- once I get pregnant, do I have to stop breastfeeding or can I conitnue without taking anything away from my daugther and the fetus?

AddysMom4ever

Asked by AddysMom4ever at 6:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can continue, I did, and many other women do too. But since you will be taking care of three people, you, your child, and your fetus, nutrition is extremely important. I would ask your doctor if he has a nutritional intake diet plan to make sure you are getting the proper nutrients. Good luck.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 7:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yup!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yes you can! Just be sure to take your prenatals, even now, before you conceive, and eat nutrient rich foods. Also be aware that it may be harder to conceive while nursing. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yes, you can continue breastfeeding. I got pregnant when my daughter turned 9 months old. I actually just weaned her off the booby because I wanted a break before I start breastfeeding my son. I started the process at 11 months and it took 3 months to fully wean her off the breast. Now at 14 months, she is just drinking organic whole milk and water. So, breastfeed your baby as long as you want, it's safe. I just remember my OB and Pediatrician telling me once your pregnant you should cut down on the times you nurse. Say, if you nurse your baby 7 times a day, cut back to 4. Hope this helps.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• IIt's fine. I'm 41 weeks pregnant and have nursed my son through the entire pregnancy. I have NOT decresed his feedings and had no problems. You can nurse your baby as much as she or he wants.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:43 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It wont hurt a thing!!!
    Check out www.kellymom.com for lots of info on breastfeeding!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 12:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2009