Pregnant & Breastfeeding: Is it possible?Is it safe?

I am currently trying to conceive and am still breastfeeding my daugther- once I get pregnant, do I have to stop breastfeeding or can I continue without taking anything away from my daugther and the fetus?

AddysMom4ever

Asked by AddysMom4ever at 7:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is TOTALLY doable.

Check out kellymom.com

http://kellymom.com/bf/tandem/index.html
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 7:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I was able to breastfeed my daughter until my milk dried up when she was eight months old and I was 5 months pregnant with her sister. You may even be able to continue longer if you research it. Best wishes!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 7:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• As long as you are not at risk for pre-term labor, you can nurse through pregnancy.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• It can be done though you may notice a drop in your milk supply after conception. May just have to work a little harder at it. Do some research and see what precautions you can take to not loose your supply. Good Luck.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Everyone I know that got pregnant while they were breastfeeding, their breastmilk dried up.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2009