Stuffed animals?

My son (8) and my daughter (12) both still both sleep with stuffed animals. They love them, but are sure that they are freaks. I assure them they are not, and that everybody needs a stuffed animal. :-)

Do your kids sleep with stuffed animals?

A.W.96

Asked by A.W.96 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• my dd loves stuff animals and im 30 and have one i dont sleep with it but i do have it. also my 2 sd's ages 10 and 9 have some and bring one here on our weekends.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I had a stuffed lamb that looked like it was sleeping. I slept with it probably until I was around 13 or so. They aren't freaks. Their friends probably sleep with teddies also and aren't telling about it.
    When they are ready to sleep alone, I suggest you pack those special friends away and give them to them when they leave home for college/marriage. It's a nice surprise and one that really has a *hug* included! :-)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• my 12.5 yr old boy still does most nights. I did until college, LOL.
    My 15 yr old boy will on rare occassion, too. very rare though. (like if he is having a stint of bad nightmares)
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 7:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I still have a stuffy too, and when my SO is gone I STILL to this day sleep with it :)
    Makes me feel better and safe..
    Tell your kids there is nothing wrong with having your stuffies and loving them.. no matter how old you are :)
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Thank you, I have taken all your advice. They feel a lot better, and are going to settle in tonight with them. Kaye with her pink teddie, and David with his long, green snake. Thank you once again.

Also, I still have a stuffed animal I have showed them. That helped.
    A.W.96

Answer by A.W.96 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yes they do. Our Daughter is six and has four of them. Our Son is 9 and has one that he has had since he was 2 yrs. old.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I still have mine, I got it when I was three and I'm 26 now. I think I slept with it until I was 13 or so. Then I would sleep with it every once in a while as a teen if I was having a really bad day, or illness.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 10:59 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I'm 24 and still sleep with my teddy even when my husband is home i use him as an extra pillow to prop me up. "Sammy" my teddy has gone everywhere with me since I joined the military including Iraq. He is something from my childhood that when i hold him i always feel better. I collect stuffed animals and have for years but Sammy is still the one that goes with me on long trips around the world my bear is as well traveled as i am.
    OurBaby2009

Answer by OurBaby2009 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My uncle who is now in his 40's still has his childhood teddy bear on his bed. Not sure if he still sleeps w/ it but it is there. My aunt, his wife, didn't mind.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 2:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I still sleep with a stuffed animal...
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2009