My 11 month is having a hard time passing her bowel.

Well, she does it everyday but she passes such big and hard you know what... Does any parent experience this? what did you do? She isn't so keen on drinking water... she doesn't like eating too many fruits too... Help!
My baby is going wild when she feels she has to poo. :(

Monique_Zamora

Asked by Monique_Zamora at 9:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try mixing prune juice with her regular juice. There is also a med called MiraLax that is a powder that you put right in their juice/milk (I have used it and it works great). Another thing that is supposed to work and be natural is Gripe Water (Google it). It is said to help with any tummy issues. I used it when my baby was a few weeks old for gas and it was awesome!
    JMaistros

Answer by JMaistros at 10:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We had problems with my DD from day one with her BM. The first thing we had to do was switch to low iron formula. At 11 months you may already be away from formula. If you are on milk, try Rice milk or Soy milk. She may be having problems with dairy. I would also get her on prunes or applesause(without corn syrup or sucrose). We had to give our DD a small jar of prunes every other day to keep her soft enough to go. That lasted for about 7 months and still have to do it once in a while. We had to experiment at first, giving it too her everyday was TOO MUCH, but once or twice a week was not enough. We just messed around with it until we found what worked for us. She is now 2.5 and is doing great.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• you can take her some warm baths more often,..and she might even poop in the bath,.. i know it might not be fun to scoop it out(lol),..but it sure does help to relieve some pressure on thier tummy's

best wishes to your baby =)
    _mRs_dJ_dOe

Answer by _mRs_dJ_dOe at 9:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• A little kayro syrup in water or white grape juice cut half in half.
    lovette120

Answer by lovette120 at 10:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• a warm bath w/ baking soda will relax the sphincter and prunes or prune juice will help alot! you might have to mix it in a fav food though! i just do a spoonful into whatever i made him to eat and viola!
    shetibo

Answer by shetibo at 1:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• This sounds extream, but it works. I was very reluctant to do this to my son, but it does work. take a q-tip and dip it into some vasaline. then stick it up you know where. she may squirm but she will be going in no time. and it won't hurt the baby, just do not insert more than the bulb of the q-tip. good luck
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 4:31 AM on Jun. 20, 2008