• In the Spotlight:

For those who bathe/shower with their children...

Do you allow them to watch films with nudity? Why or why not? Also I'm not talking about infants who don't even know what things are. I'm talking about young children. I wanna know whats the difference in seeing you naked and someone on tv? I've known women to bathe with their kids for years but would FREAK if they saw a boob on television?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ususally naked people on TV are sexualized. Taking a shower with your little one is not sexual.
    Anonymous

• if a person is changing clothes or showering on tv, its not sexualized. I'm not referring to people have intercourse. I'm saying naked people period.
    Anonymous

• I shower with my daughter and have also handed her to my husband while he's in the shower to give her a quick rinse.
    I think because she is so young that there is no harm in letting her shower with us. I mean, I think past like one it would be inappropirate to let her shower with her dad.
    As far as letting her see nudity on tv... what kind of channels are you watching??? Like as in adult movies.. NO WAY!
    I dont think I'd freak out if she saw a boob on tv or a movie.. that would be my irresponsiblity. but if she happened to see it I would explain to her what it was.. a part of the human body.

And you also have to realize that kids don't find the body "nasty" or "dirty" unless they are taught that.
    GA_GiRL0920

Answer by GA_GiRL0920 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I bathed with my son until he was 7, and no we dont let him to watch any movies with nudity. I was always told by the older women in my family its fine to bathe with the children until they start to notice your body parts, and he did he made a comment on me not having a penis. lol so that stopped there. I think because we dont let our children watch adult content on tv they see us naked and dont connect it with sexuallity
    Anonymous

• GA, and I see your baby is 5 months old, your child is not who I'm referring to. read the ?
    :-)
    Anonymous

• Even on network television there are very sexual scenes. Think Grey's Anatomy, Gossip Girls...but those are all in sexual nature.
    Theres a difference between bathing to clean yourself and sex scenes. Children are innocent and they aren't going to associate one with the other.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• NO... BATHING IN FRONT OF OR NEAR YOUR CHILD IS NOT ANYTHING LIKE SOME OF THE LEWD AND PERVERTED ACTS YOU CAN FIND ON SOME PUBLIC TELEVISION CHANNELS...
    NEXT YOUR GOING TO SAY THAT A CHILD WHO LIVES ON A FARM AND SEES ANIMALS MATING SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO WATCH A HOMOSEXUAL PARADE.... SORRY NOT THE SAME THING
    Anonymous

• I am my child mother. This body brought her into this world. I am not being vulgar by being nude. Taking a bath is a part of a healthy life!
    Naked people on TV are ussually there being slutty, or doing sexual acts. Its is very RARE to see a lady changing a shirt titties out without a sexual scene. If there is NO sexual act or whoreness of the nudity, it doesnt bother me. it is just a naked body then.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• The only time you may see nakedness on tv without sex would be like on a medical show, which is usually too graphic for some adults (surgeries and whatnot). Bathing and showering with your children is fine. There should be a limit, but that limit would differ with each child.
    Anonymous