tattoo advice

i'm thinking about using my tiny tax return to treat my myself to my first tattoo.. i've wanted one for years but never knew what to get... i think i know what i want now - a little set of paw prints - but can't decide where to put it.. How did you decide and why?

alwms

Asked by alwms at 7:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I decided to put my tattoo on the bumper of my car...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• well my first is going to be my sons name and either his birthday or footprints right underneath of it.... thats going on my arm... then my second is going to be my husbands name (he has mine on his neck) thats going on my hip.... i have a couple more i wanna get also... but i am scared of needles..thats why i dont have any yet.. also, any that i get will be in places that are covered up (for jobs and stuff)...

i suggest getting it on ur arm or something... places like your back hurt like hell ive been told...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Also, pick a place that you can easily decide to cover up or to show off no matter what the occasion. Tattoos can look sexy, cool, dangerous, or trashy depending on the context and how it is displayed.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I have 2 tattooos, got my first one and then got hooked real quick, had 2 within 7 days. My first is a dragonfly. I collect those. Then my second is 2 dolphins jumping out the water. Those are on the bottom of my back. I really want a third one, a red rose on my left breast; however, my SO does not like the thought of that at all. The reason I chose those 2 areas on my body also is I can decide if I want you to see it or not depending on what type of clothes I decide to wear.
    Proudmomof82008

Answer by Proudmomof82008 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I have one, It is on the back of my neck. I love it. Sure it hurt a bit but all tattoos do. Get it in a place that you feel comfortable getting it. I chose the back of my neck because if i want to cover it I can. Think about it a lot cause your stuck with it for life.
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• i have 15 tattoos. I started off getting them in places i could hide because in the beginning i worked in the medical field. But now i have them covering the back of my legs, to one going down onto my hand. the reason i don't try to hide them now is because i do not want a job where i have to hide them. any job like that, I would not enjoy.
    My first tattoo was on my right shoulder blade. It's not very painful at all and it's very easy to hide or show off. you could also put it on your hip low enough your pants can hide it, but i can show if you were to wear a bathing suit.
    i have much more advice if you would like some, just message me.
    p.s. getting tattooed on your back really only hurts a little bit if it's on the spine.
    RenaJean

Answer by RenaJean at 9:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• ok- to add to my question... i'm a bit chunky so now where should i put it ?
    alwms

Answer by alwms at 9:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I really don't think that changes anything. boob, back, arm, foot, tummy. it's no different.
    RenaJean

Answer by RenaJean at 10:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I have a small butterfly on my very lower stomach. The only time it's visible to anyone is when i'm wearing a bathing suit. Just keep in mind what's sexy now will not be sexy in about 40 years. I don't see anything wrong with tattoos but depending on what you do for a living, you can easily be discriminated against. I would put it somewhere you can easily hide. I kind of think that tattoos on the back of the neck is hot as long as it's done tastfully. Good luck!
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I got my one and only tattoo as just going. I am a big pussy cat when it comes to pain. I don't like it. So one day after work...I just went. I was suppose to get it done with a friend of mine...but we both kept chickening out. So I made an impulsive decision and just went. I have a peacock on the back of my right shoulder. I like where it's placed because it shows in the summer time at the same time I can keep it hidden when I need to dress up. I didn't think on what I wanted. I have always loved peacocks. And mine looks really pissed off. Why I have no idea. But I would def take into consideration where you put it that it can be kept hidden for when you need to dress up professionaly. I want my next one though where I can see it. So I am thinking of my inner wrist. I know what I said about keeping it hidden but I wear bracelets and whatnot to cover it. =)
    RebeccaTalRue

Answer by RebeccaTalRue at 9:56 AM on Feb. 23, 2009