my son is 11 months and doesnt like new textures when it comes to food,he still likes stage 2 mush.i try giving him spagettis in small pieces he throws up.what should i do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep offering new foods and new textures regularly, but don't make a big deal out of it. He'll get there. My son was a gagger, and choked or puked regularly at meal times, so I can feel your pain, mama. He stayed on baby food until he was about 18 months, and then finally took to table foods. Some kids just get there a little later than others. There's nothing wrong with that. Just follow his lead.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Keep exposing him to the foods. He'll never get over the texture issues if you dont give him the opportunity. My son used to hate mashed potatoes. it was the texture. he's now 3yo and he loves them. And i dont mean force feed the kid. I mean have him take at least one small bite whenever you happen to make something you know he has a hard time with. make it easy. work up in steps.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• thank you sooooooooooo much for your answers....
    Anonymous