ripped placenta away from uterine wall?

ok so my sister is 12 weeks pregnant and on saturday she started bleeding way bad! ( filling a pad in seconds) so she went to the er and the baby is well but her placenta is ripping away from the wall.. so my question is how many of you have had this problem and what was the end result? im way worried about her.. this happened to me with my 2nd baby but it wasnt half as bad and i was just put on bed rest for a week and then it reatched itself but they told my sister not even to bother with bedrest they said it will rip the rest of the way no matter if she stays down or goes on with her normal life. they said she has a 50 percent chance of it healing on its own or to have a miscarriage.. what happened to you or some one you knew who went through this

aubreyluv

Asked by aubreyluv at 7:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• iveheard that it can fix its self but you can also get blood clots behind the placenta which can cause miscarriage later in pregnancy they do a csection to stop the bleeding and try to save the baby and mother she should really go to a dr asap er drs arent really the best ones to ask these things id go to an obgyn right away i hope all goes well and i wish her luck ..
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2009