BATH TIME?

How old is too old, to be taking a bath together? My sons are 6 and 3 1/2.

BrandonsMom1000

Asked by BrandonsMom1000 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• whenever they feel uncomfortable or they just wanna do it on their own, regardless of sex. Its just fun time, besides boy does it save us time. I do turns, sometimes toghether sometimes separate just to let each try out how it feels to do it on their own.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I think if they are the same sex, then when one of them starts feeling uncomfortable with it, it should be time to stop.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• That is what I thought about it. My oldest has just started to show an interest in taking a shower and playing in the tub by himself.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I agree w/ happpyathomemum....2nd time tonight. lol
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 9:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• When they are no longer comfortable with it. My 7yo son and 6yo daughter will still hop in the shower together if we let them. My almost 3yo daughter takes showers with anyone (her brother, older sisters, me or daddy).

The only reason we made them stop bathing together is that our tub is cracked and they were jumping around and making it worse (we had water leaking/gushing into the room below). Otherwise they's probably still bathe together.

As it was tonight as my 8yo dd got out of the shower my 7yo son came running in stark naked, covering just his privates. She just laughed and hugged the towel tighter and tried to squeeze by him without touching, lol. She won't bathe with anyone but the 2yo but changes in front of her brother and sister (if she doesn't have to get completely naked). The older 3 share a room so they are used to being around each other.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2009