Our periods stopping . . .

Do any of you ever worry about all these birth controls the doctors offer us stopping our periods? Yeah I know that its nice not the receive the nasty each month, but long term side effects. Their always finding complications over a length of time because of different medicines. We were meant to have periods, we're all women. So do any of you think, even though its nice, that its really bad that you don't receive your monthly?

BooHooMommy

Asked by BooHooMommy at 8:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Health

• funny you should mention that i am kind of worried i am and have been on yaz for almost two years everything was great until about 3 mon ago my periods pretty much stopped it would be like one little spot a month just for one day nothing i should have even wasted a pad for and now i did not get one at all last month and so far nothing this month according to the way the pills go i should have started last week i do have minor cramps everynow and than but nothing no blood.I am going to call my dr tomorrow and find out whats going on i am tired all the time and everynow and than dizzy or light headed and i am not pregnant took a test in jan and feb and when i was pregnant with my other 2 i knew right away i had that feeling.
    proudmom34

Answer by proudmom34 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I don't take bc anymore for a different reason ( I found out how they really work), but I wouldn't be surprised if they mess us up in other ways. I won't ever get back on bc.
    DayDaysmom19

Answer by DayDaysmom19 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2009