My poor son....

My son is almost 9 months old...My boyfriend [his dad] and I both work fulltime but I like to spend as much time with him as possible. On days I have to work and my bf has off he sits in front of his xbox and plays games while my son crawls around on the floor. ALL DAY. 8 hours. Today I stopped home on my lunch break and left around 2 pm....I got home at 8 and I asked when the last time he had a diaper change was. "Oh right after you left today" is what he told me!! He's a good dad but how can I get him to spend more time with and play with our son?? I think it's unfair that when he's home with daddy he just has to entertain himself, and he whines and stuff if he gets bored and my bf just hands him a toy or something to chew on. Is this totally stupid or am I overreacting? Is there anything I can do to encourage him to shape up?

AidensMommy608

Asked by AidensMommy608 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You know, my oldest son's father was the same EXACT way. I begged and pleaded with that man to shape up and spend more time with Josh. But its was as if that damn xBox was more important. I couldn't take it any more, so we divorced. I'm sure your not looking for anything as drastic as that but. . . . .maybe you could have a yard sell. Sell his xBox and games lol.
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 8:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Um it sounds like you bf needs to grow up a bit. I'm sure he's a good Dad but he needs to relize that this age is precious (as every age is) but it goes by so quickly.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 8:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• No, you are not overreacting. Tell him that you all need to come up with a schedule for when he keeps the baby. When to play, feed, and diaper him, and when to veg out. Also, I am kind of harsh, but ask him if he'd like to pay for daycare.
    Tiffa-Knee

Answer by Tiffa-Knee at 8:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Mine does the exact same thing. We just had a long talk about that and the next day when I went to work he took our son to the beach, and the park and had a picnic lol. It was cute, I just don't know how long it's going to last.
    Anonymous