did you have an engagement party?

Did any of you ladies have an engagement party and if you did, did you accept gifts? I have been engaged over a year and didnt have one but i do plan on a bridal shower when i do get married? My cousin is getting married in Feb '10 in riviera maya mexico and her engagement party is next sat and gifts are expected!!! So she wants an engagement gift, bridal shower gift, wedding gift PLUS if i go to the wedding for me and my SO its going to be $1700!! Anyone else think thats a little greedy?

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 8:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• the reason it sounded off to me was because my other cousin got engaged this summer and did have an engagement party but really big and bold it said NO GIFTS....he just wanted us their to share his excitement!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• my in-laws wanted to throw one for us and we put the big nix on that... just another excuse for asking for presents... in my opinion.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• i agree! thats why im so peeved. i mean im 22 years old, i bought my own house, pay my own bills, have a daughter and 2 dogs, extra money like that is few and far between
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• No I didn't have one and yes she sounds greedy. I wouldn't travel to her wedding unless she paid for it....of course she didn't invite me but that's insignificant.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• You're not obligated to go to any of the events.

No, we didn't have an engagement party.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2009