What are some of the things you thought you'd never say/do then you became a mom....

I never thought I'd have to tell somebody" get you hand out of the cat poop!" or "Stop drinking the syrup" "Don't eat toilet paper" "Take the underwear off your head!" Nor did I ever think I'd reach out to catch vomit with my hand or wipe snot off somebody's face with my robe sleeve! (of course I took it off to wash it right after) So what are some of your I can't believe I just said/did that mommy moments?

babyfat5

Asked by babyfat5 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I never thought I'd pick someone else's nose, but when my kids were babies and all boogary, I'm going to do what a mom's gotta do so they can breathe!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I always thought I'd be the cool mom, I'm really protective, and can be quite a stickler.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I never thought I would help someone poop, like really help.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yeahh lol when I was younger and I saw kids throw up, "I was like ewww gross I'm not cleaning that!" And now when my baby throws up, whadda ya know.. I reach out as fast as I can to catch it.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 9:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I swore I would never tell my kids "because I said so!" ... I failed at that one LOL
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My son comes up with some really crazy teen boy fun ideas and is not afraid to try to execute them around me so I have 2 general rules I never thought a parent would have to make:
    1 Don't do stupid things with out a helmet! Stupid things being those that could get you or others hurt or arrested!
    2 If you get arrested your butt will sit in jail until I can deal with you without laughing!

I have also said "Don't throw that Combo into the guys truck" while driving down the highway..."Dont ever again mooo at girls" this after I told him to stop barking out the window and it was the next animal noise that came to his head...."You may not skydive naked" he and a buddy were trying to make fun summer plans!
    Of course there was tons of gross stuff when he was a baby but this is the fun stuff!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I do/say things everyday I never thought I would. My number one is probably being able to leave the dinner table long enough to change a dirty diaper then sit right back down and finish my meal. I can't watch Fear Factor and those ER shows make me nauseas, but when it comes to my son i'm on it. LOL
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• catch vomit in my hands lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My mom would always bust out in song for everything! I remember wanting things in the grocery store and EVERY TIME she would sing the "you can't always get what you want" song. although I have not yet had to choose that particular tune (my DS is too young) I find myself finding songs for everything! How annoying...lol. My DH just laughs and thinks Im nuts.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 10:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• repeating what my mother had said..." don't make me pull this car over!", " don't make me get ugly"," Close that door! We don't live in a barn!"
    kwazylisa

Answer by kwazylisa at 10:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2009