why get upset if a guy asks a question on here when .....

most of the people responsible for cafemom are men ? i did not know this but some of the double standards on here got me thinking so i googled some stuff and i found this i have never read the people part and i was amazed to find they are men . so when men run the site why get upset if a concerned husband askes a question for his wife or girlfirend?

http://www.cafemom.com/about/people.php

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm not... I welcome all questions...and people......
    kwazylisa

Answer by kwazylisa at 10:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• who got mad when you asked a question?
    keep in mind a lot of these moms are stressed out and
    rigid, so you can't pay the mean ones any mind.
    I think its amazing that smart men came up with the
    idea for this page. perhaps its invented by men
    because they are more computer savvy...
    I wanna hook my stepmom up with a sensitive
    successful computer savvy man who can
    hook up a website and knows how to have fun.
    any ideas?
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 8:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• because this is for woman not men that is why
    Anonymous

• Well cafe parent just wouldn’t should as good as cafe mom, and people shouldn't get upset about a man asking or answering a question unless they are lying saying they are women.
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I agree with Anon 7:43. This is a woman's place, not a man's place. Men can go away. If I want to talk to a man, I'll talk to my husband.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• im not a guy i was just wondering and how is it a site for women when men are deciding what you can and cant post about ? i mean hack my husband isnt even that controlling i just find it odd a place for women ran by men ?
    Anonymous

• I think that part of the freedom we all feel being on here comes from the comfort of knowing it is for ladies eyes only. If we make exceptions for one nice guy then the whole thing can get ruined. If he is asking for a GF or wife why can't she just get on and do it?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• but its not ladies eyes only if the cafemom admin team is ran by mainly men no wonder so many sex questions stay posted on here and sometimes a guy just wants to know i mean my husband asks on baby center because people here are just plain mean someitmes im asleep or a few times ive been hurting and he wanted to know what he could do for me who better to ask then women that may have had the problem before right
    Anonymous

• I don't know that "mom" necessarily means a woman. If the man does the nurturing tasks, perhaps he is a mom. Just as if the mom supports the family, changes the oil in the car, mows the lawn, shows her son how to play football, and so forth, she is taking what are often called the dad's tasks. So if a dad comes on here and asks for a recipe, or asks what to do about a daughter, or wonders if his baby needs to see a doctor, then fine, I have no problem with that. I am thinking that maybe I'd be embarrassed about the personal and TMI questions, but then probably not, after all if a dad comes here he knows what he is likely to encounter. Enter at your own risk. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 9:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Again I agree with you Bmat. There are Fathers who are also Mothers. It is not about your plumbing but about who is doing the bulk of the love and care. I would not hesitate to answer a well thought out honest question from a man. I would answer to the best of my ability and hope it helps and gives him a feeling that women are kind and helpful.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2009