5 days late but negative preg. test ...anyone else take a while to show positive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I took so many tests before one said I was prego.The lines you could not really see but I knew I am.
    Anonymous

• Go to the dot in get a blood test.
    mayaa

Answer by mayaa at 9:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• you're NOT preg, those tests are VERY accuarte now and days
    Anonymous

• Personally that hasn't happened to me but I do know of someone who kept getting negative tests (even on blood tests done by her doctor) but she KNEW she was pregnant so they finally did a sonogram and sure enough she was. She was almost 4 months by then and starting to show.
    Anonymous

• that's how what im going through rite now. im sure im pregnant, but all the tests ive taken said negative. i can just feel it. im going to the doc soon to get a blood test done. i hope its not like anonymous who answered on feb. 22
    icandothis55

Answer by icandothis55 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• yeah, i was preg and it took almost a month for it to show.
    kelinnh

Answer by kelinnh at 9:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I got preg on the 23rd and had a pos test by the 2nd, I kinda knew I was preg when it happened, (felt the ovulation) sometimes it just depends on your levels. The lines were really light but it was there. Take the test first thing in the morning that is when your levels are at their highest. GOOD LUCK
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I believe everyone is different but the majority of time, by 5 days you should be able to get an accurate pregnancy test, With my first baby, I found out when i was only 5 days late.... and my second baby which i am carrying right now as we speak....I didn't even miss a period and still got an accurate test...I was 3 weeks pregnant when i found out...and believe me, i was in denial but now i'm about 14 weeks and I know for sure that I am. I'll say to you, just wait a little while and see what happens, don't spend too much money on the test because sometimes you can just be late for your period...it could be stress or just anxious to be....either one of those can sometimes delay your cycle for what ever reason...especially if you want one. so relax and give it a few days.
    TheBeautyOfLife

Answer by TheBeautyOfLife at 1:33 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Good Luck! I was 10 days after my missed period when i took the test that came back positive. Everything depends on your hormone levels in the urine. You could very well be pregnant. I had a friend that took 10-15 pregnacy tests within a matter of 2 days cause she was certain she was and the last one came back postive. she took it about 30 min afters the previous one which had been negative. Wait a few days and try again.
    OurBaby2009

Answer by OurBaby2009 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2009