can my 11 month old eat grilled cheese????he has no teeth???how do i feed it 2 him???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that wouldnt be a good idea...he isnt ready yet
    s.bryant

Answer by s.bryant at 9:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My son LOVED gumming foods before he had teeth. I'd think at 11 months with close supervision and small bites it'd not hurt to try.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 9:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• goodI usually cut them into tiny little bitty pieces little enough for them to keep one in their mouth and get the hang of it until they are ready to swallow but if for some reason they start to choke just make a big sound like scream or just something to distract them from them from chocking they are just trying to swallow it as well this is all new to them once they know the difference they will learn how to eat table foods. You...just don't freak relax remember give him one at a time and you will know how much he could handle. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Depends on how good he can chew. I give my 6 1/2 month old frozen bagels right now, she has no teeth. She sucks and chews on the bagel. By the time the bagel is not frozen any more it's real soft and she bites tiny pieces off of it. I watch every bite she takes. By 11 months I think she'll be able to eat real small bites of a grilled cheese sandwich. Go with your instincts. Every baby is different.
    Anonymous

• I make grilled cheese for my daughter all the time...she is 10 mo. Just make sure you let it cool down and cut it into very small bites. As long as he chews his food, he should be fine. You'd be surprised what they can handle with no teeth!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• did you know that bread is a major choking hazard to babies?
    pringles_697

Answer by pringles_697 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• If he has no teeth, it's not a good idea.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:11 AM on Feb. 23, 2009