Fever with no symptoms??????

My son is three months old. And has been happy as could be all day. I noticed he felt warm and checked his temp and it was 100.3 and that was at 5pm. He wasnt over dressed or anything like that. But I striped him down to just a onezie and it dropped slightly. But it was still there and his cheeks are bright red. He got kinda fussy. At 6pm I gave him tylenol and checked him last at 7pm. Then it was down to 99.6. Hes laying in his crib smiling and happy. I dont know what would cause this. He is pretty much over his cold. I thought maybe a ear infection but he doesnt cry when I lay him down. What could this be?? And what should I do???

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 9:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could he be teething?
    Anonymous

• He may be teething. Sometime when teeth came in they didn't seem to affect my son much besides a fever and maybe a little extra drooling. Other times, you could tell it was teeth...grumpiness, etc.
    As long as his fever is coming down, he should be fine.
    Best of luck!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• He has been drooling like crazy and never takes his hands out of his mouth. But isn't 3 months too young to be teething?????
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 9:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• They can still have an ear infection with no signs. Did he just get over a cold? If so have his ears checked,
    The fever could mean his body is fighting off an infection and should go away in a day or 2 unless he eventually gets sick. Or is he is teeething it could be related to that. There is also a virus and I forget the name I think its Roseola (sp) where they get a fever for a few days and then a rash but his fever is not really that high for it to be that I wouldnt think. I would just give a bit of Tylenol and a bath always helps and see what happens tomorrow and go from there...
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My son was teething at about 3 months too. They say babies can teeth for months.
    Anonymous

• Oh and try putting a washcloth in the freezer and then giving it to him. It will feel good on his gums. That always helps my son.
    Anonymous

• Yes he just got over a cold. But he has had a ear infection once before and he wouldn't sleep, and wouldn't lay down. But he was very little when he got it.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 9:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• If he is happy and acting fine, then he's fine. I got this advice from my mother [hero] who has 6 kids. Try the tylenol and if that doesn't work try baby motrin, and THEN if it doesnt go down, or he/she seems to get fussy, or lethargic, it would be time to call the doctor
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Hmm I would get his ears checked then. The 1st time my ds got an ear infection you would of thought someone who brutally hurting himthe way he would cry and would not let us put him down. it was awful. Then the next time he got sick he was sick for about a week and then fine. All of a sudden he got this high fever with no other symptoms at all and I thought there is no way he has an ear infection he would be screaming! Never made a peep about it and I took him to the doc anyway to get checked and he indeed had an ear infection. Fevers often mean infection. I am no doc but if he just got over a cold I can bet he has an ear infection. Hope that helps!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Teething hun....
    kwazylisa

Answer by kwazylisa at 9:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2009