feeding help

i have a 4month old little boy who eats 8ozs every 4 hrs is that to much cause he eats it and is good but if i cut dwn to 6 he acts like he is starving?? i started baby food but only 2 or 3 spoon fulls a day should i give more food

Destinty

Asked by Destinty at 9:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's too young to be eating food. All of his nutrition should be coming from milk, so if he wants more milk than you should give it to him. Try actual baby food in a couple more months.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• At four months you can give the infant cereal. I personaly think 8oz is too much, but if that is what he is used to you wont be able to cut him down. Baby food shouldnt be started until 6 months because it can cause more food alergies. Try the cereal, or maybe try 6 oz but every 3 hours instead of 4.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 9:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I would put a little cereal in the formula,he is a bit young for food right now.do not put the ceareal in every bottle,maybe breakfast,and before bedtime,to much will constipate.He will prob sleep better at night with a full tummy.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Is your baby overweight? If not, then he is fine taking whatever he wants in the form of formula. I wouldn't start solids just yet...give it another couple of weeks.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• It sounds like you're doing just fine. You seem really in tune to your baby and his needs. Good job mama, keep up the good work =)
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 11:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• WELL THE DOC SAID I COULD START A LITTLE BIT OF BABY FOOD JUST THE VEGGIES AND DO IT LIKE EVERY OTHER DAY BUT I JUST DONT WANT TO RUSH OR OVER FEED HIM...HES NOT OVER WIEGHT HE WAS A PREMIE BORN AT 4PDS 15OZS AND HE NOW WIEGHS 10PDS 12 OZS SO HES AT A REALLY GOOD WIEGHT...
    Destinty

Answer by Destinty at 4:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• OH AND ALSO THE DOC SAID ONCE HE SITS UP BY HIMSELF HE CAN EAT BABY FOOD AND HE SITS UP ALONE WITH OUT SUPPORT
    Destinty

Answer by Destinty at 4:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• my son was a crazy eater since the day he was born.... our doctor said feed him until he doesnt want to eat anymore.. babies know when they are full
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 3:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• He is probably just going through a growth spurt. I wouldn't really push the baby food too much. I would just keep doing what you are doing with the formula. Maybe add a little cereal at bedtime to keep him full overnight. Sounds like he is doing well, keep up the good job, mom.
    Stephanie15

Answer by Stephanie15 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• well he sleeps threw the night w/o cereal...
    Destinty

Answer by Destinty at 2:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2009