Does bad grammar annoy you?

I'm not sure why but it just really annoys me when people use bad grammar....like when I get on here and there are questions that say "my dd is 8mths old and i cant make her sleep night.. I bottle every few hours and she wakes all night" or "ma babi gurl juzt wont sleep thru da nite and i wuz wondering if ne1 had sum advice" I really think that just because you're online, shouldn't mean that you throw the rules of language out of the window.

AidensMommy608

Asked by AidensMommy608 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It bugs the hell out of me. I mean I understand abbreviations and text typing and we all make mistake but seriously there is just some stuff that people should know by the time they are old enough to have kids. It duz nawt mayke yoo kewl 2 typ lyk dis.
    Anonymous

• it's the internet ppl use short ways to type. dont like it? dont use the net!
    Anonymous

• Obviously... no matter how a person spells it out! you seem 2 get it.. u know exzactly whats been said. This is not school we all know how 2 write correctly!! Plus these days we do so much texting and email that its acceptable among friends to type this way!! i got bigger fish to fry then how a person spells etc... .
    Anonymous

• I second Anon. I make little mistakes I'm sure...but some people take it to new levels.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• i guess ud hate to have to learn short hand huh??
    Anonymous

• words like diz and babbii and dem girlz , iight... stuff like that.... trying to talk ghetto annoys me. I see it alot on myspace and I just want to smack these people upside their heads. And when people dont reread what they have written to even see if it is readable.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• YES
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 9:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I wouldnt let it bug you there is no way 2 stop it.
    Anonymous

• Yes, bad grammar annoys me, but you can't assume that English is the first language of everyone on here. The text speak is dreadful, in my opinion. But not everyone grew up speaking English. I speak three foreign languages, and when I write in those languages I know I make mistakes that native speakers notice. Luckily, no one makes fun of me for it...they know those languages are not my native languages. I guess I'm saying, don't assume anything. Not everyone is educated, either. I am, so bad grammar bothers me, but not enough to make anyone feel badly about it.

StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yeah thats what I mean LuvsDanika! I don't mind short hand but when people just try to look cool but end up making themselves look retarded is when it gets annoying.
    Anonymous