hwo long can the burning last when u go to the restroom after you had a vaginal dilverey?

i had my daughter 4 days ago and it burns so bad when i go pee. i don't remember this happening with my last dilverey. i tore a little on the inside my doctor gave me a stitch but told me that i really didn't need one. so i don't know if it is burning because its on the inside or what but someone please let me know how long it can last and if there is anything i can do to ease up the burning? thanks

crjmommy04

Asked by crjmommy04 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh gosh! I seems like forever!!! But it was about a week to 2 weeks for me.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I don't know how long it will last for you...Are you sure you don't have a UTI? If not, tub baths can really speed up the healing process:) Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Oh! and My dictor gave me a little squirt bottle to squirt myself with warm water when I am peeing. It felt good!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Squirt bottle definitely helped!
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah, I forgot about that little squirt bottle, lol. That does work well.
    Anonymous

• You know when I had a vaginal delivery with my first child the doc was new. I had a epidural. The doc pulled my catheter out cockeyed and ripped my urethra a bit. It burned for a month when I peed! Excruciating. I could hardly even sit down because of that!
    Googiegal

Answer by Googiegal at 9:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Agree... use the bottle that they give you from the hospital. If you have stitches it's the best way to sooth the burning. Not much you can do until you heal. It could last for a few weeks like that.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 10:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Mine seemed to go onfor at least 5 weeeks. But I kept over doing it. The more you relax and dont try to be wonder mom and a maid in the postpardom weeks, the faster you will heal. When i was still in the hospital the gave me witch hazel pads that were frozen for my stitches. And they were amazing. I was told that you can buy simular witch hazel products but i dont konw where. Just take it easy.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• That was the absolute worst pain for me even all the way from being pregnant until today I think. lol I remember it burning for a few weeks, seemed like forever. I was so scarred to use the bathroom bc I knew it would hurt. Not to make matters worse but sex hurt for months afterwards. The little bottle helped and you can use a hairdryer too. It helps the stitches heal quicker.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 2:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Yes, unfortunately it can last several weeks. I agree with all the pp, the squirt bottle is WONDERFUL! I've had several friends who had alot of trouble with pain and burning, and they would sit in a shallow warm tub of water to #1 or #2. I know it sounds awful, but they said it helped so much and they wouldn't have been able to do it otherwise.
    MyJoieDeVivre

Answer by MyJoieDeVivre at 2:43 AM on Feb. 23, 2009