Rape.

I was raped on Friday night. Yes I'm ok, yes I reported it, but didn't press charges. I don't feel bad or like anything happened really. I stupidly told my boyfriend and now it's kinda causing problems, but I still want to have sex. I don't feel wrong about it even though this happened to me. I guess my question is, should I feel weird about sex? Should I not want to? The way I look at it is, I'm not going to let this guy run my life and I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of him changing me or the things I do.

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 9:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• im so sorry that happen to you hon but why didnt you press charges i would of
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I don't think you are wrong about it, but it is a surprising reaction. I was raped years ago and it caused many problems in my life. How are you so casual about this? And why is this in the "just for fun" section?
    Anonymous

• No, you shouldn't feel funny about sex. But Sara, please give this some thought: If you don't press charges against this slimeball he will get the idea that committing rape is OK...and he will do it again.

Maybe to someone you know and love who might not be able to be as strong as you are.

Please do think about the next woman.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Honestly, it sounds like to me you might still be in shock or denial....not denial that the rape occured, but denying your feelings of the rape. i think you'll find with time, your feelings towards this might change. I'm really sorry that anyone has to deal with rape.
    Anonymous

• can i asked why you put this in the just for fun section?
    Anonymous

• sniff sniff
    Anonymous

• I'm not saying this didn't actually happen to you, but you are WAY too okay with it. Why not press charges? That has nothing to do with him letting you run your life. If anything, you're letting him run it, because it gives him the idea that you are too weak to do anything about it.
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry to hear this. You know, maybe it hasn't really hit you yet? When it does, I hope there is someone there to support you! You did the right thing by telling your boyfriend and I'm sorry he's not there for you! I'm sure it just makes it worse.
    Anonymous

• How can you report it but not press charges? That is just leaving this guy out there to rape again. I think you sound very casual about this and may be are not really dealing with it emotionally.
    Anonymous

• What do you mean you "stupidly told your b/f"? He should be supportive of you in this situation! You should report it. And honestly it sound like you are in denial that it is bothering you. LG & GB
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 9:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2009