What about me

Since I been prego I get attention but not like I want it. Its all about the baby.. No body buys me anything only the baby and when I am out They always say stuff about the baby like aww when are due? What are you having? Stuff like that I get jealous. should I ? hAS THIS HAPPEN TO ANY ONE ELES?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should be happy people are buying things for the baby! You're going to need it! And if you feel like this now, you're going to be worse off once the baby is born. You should talk to somebody about it! I loved when people asked me questions about the baby! The thing I got jealous about was when my son was born, I missed having him all to myself!
    Anonymous

• Honestly im sorry to say but nothing will ever really be about you again but its a sacrifice we make when we have children it takes alittle time to get used to but in the end its all worth it after all this is what life is really all about.
    CASSANDRA56745

Answer by CASSANDRA56745 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Baby gets the spotlight now. Sorry!

Answer by gdiamante at 9:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Sorry, but get used to it, sweetie! Until your kids turn 18 or move out, it's going to be all about them. It's not about you anymore.It's about raising and guiding your child, making sure they are healthy and happy and grow into confident, responsible adults.
    Being jealous of your child will not help you in the long run.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 9:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• im goin w gdiamantes answer...its not your time..its your baby's time. this is my 3rd pregnancy and the first time Anyone bought anything for Me. i was thankful, but alot more excited to get things for baby..thats less you have to buy
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I know how you feel to an extent and Im assuming this is your first child. It's hard when your pregnant with your first cause your not used to all the attention that the babys getting. I would never get jelouse but thats probably because I have a wonderful husband that always gave me attention.However I did get a bit jelouse after the baby was born cause I was used to my husband coming home from work and hugging and kissing all over me but its really all about the baby now. You will get used to it and just be happy that people care about the baby. I think secretly some of us go through this at one time or another.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 10:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• haha i felt the same way at first. and sometimes i still do, a little.. i think it's normal though. were you an only child growing up?
    pringles_697

Answer by pringles_697 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• You better get used to that. Maybe its time to try and grow up a little bit. Babies always take the attention off of everyone else. I havent had anything boughten for me since I got pregnant other than A few things at christmas, and my son is 3 months old. But its the greatest thing in the world to recieve gifts for him. I dont have a lot of money, so they are not only helpful but very thoughtful. You will have to learn to not be selfish, and learn to put another being before yourself every hour of every day to come.... Because that baby will depend on you.
    Anonymous

• like the past have posted UR spotlight is over its the kids time welcome to parent hood.........and trust us the more others buy for u the less you have to cherish it because financially its not as easy as before
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• You should be glad they are not telling OMG you need to go on a diet cause you look fat! That would be much worse! From this point on its all about the baby! If you think its bad now wait until you have the baby. If this bothers you, you better get ready prepare yourself that it not about you anymore! and to be as excited as the people are about your baby. Good Luck!
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2009