Carseats?!

My DS is 2 and weighs about 33 lbs. Unsure about his height. But we currently have an Eddie Bauer seat and looking for a new one. The one that he has now the harness will not go any higher and it just doesn't fit him right.

Anyone have any suggestions for a carseat?

tns11

Asked by tns11 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a safety first one that I got at walmart that goes to 100 pounds and you can use a seatbelt with it. It was like $130 not that all expensive. Hope this helps
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I would get a high back booster where the back can come off and be just a booster. I don't have any brand suggestions as we aren't looking at them yet.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• we love our Evenflo Triumph Advance...it RF to 35 pounds and FF to 50 pounds

if the one he is using now doesn't fit him right...get a new seat as soon as you can

check the car seat safety group...very helpful
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 9:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• he is way to young for a booster with the seatbelt...I personally would keep him RF until he is 35 pounds but if you don't want to do that, at least keep him harnassed
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 9:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• The Safety First one I have goes from rear facing at 5 pounds up to forward facing to 100 pounds, I forgot to mention it sorry and it is a 5 point harness until they are big enough to use a seat belt with it.
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• We had an eddie bauer too, my son outgrew it at 22 months! Anyway, is he still rear facing? If so the true fit is great, thats what I bought for my son. It wil RF up to 35 lbs and harness up to 65lbs. It also has a high back. I bought mine at target. If you're already foward facing the graco nautilus is my personal favorite. I was going to buy it for my son but I wasnt ready to turn him around quite yet.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• sorry i forgot to mention the nautilus will harness up to 80lbs and then turns into a booster up to 100lbs.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Thanks
    tns11

Answer by tns11 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I have the Nautilus and i love it. The harness goes up to 65lbs (says it on the harness) but then it can be a high backed booster or backless booster untill 100lbs. It even has a cup holder for the sippy on the go. I bought mine at target. It was a little expensive but worth it because I can use it until my son is ready to ride without a booster

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2009