Pen Pal, anyone?

My kids would love pen-pals. I have a 12-year-old daughter and an 8-year-old son who would love a pen-pal. Does anyone out there have kids their ages looking for a pen-pal, too?

A.W.96

Asked by A.W.96 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I was just thinking of this the other day. We used to do it in elementary school when I was growing up and it was so much fun. You don't hear to much about it these days because of all the horrible things that have been apparent in the news, so nobody wants to give out home address info. Plus the kids are all taught not to for safety issues. Times Suck.
    Fairytalemomof3

Answer by Fairytalemomof3 at 4:58 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• When I was in 4th grade my geograpy class had a class in another state that we were pen pals with the letters got sent to the school and distributed from there so personal information was not given out. You might contact your school and see if this could be a possibility.
    OurBaby2009

Answer by OurBaby2009 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Okay, thanks OurBaby2009. That's a good idea. I will do that.

Also , yes Fairytalemomof3. I totally agree. If only things were as safe as the used to be...
    A.W.96

Answer by A.W.96 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I think that's a great idea! Kids of all ages love to get mail. My oldest 2 are the same ages (11yo boy and 8yo boy). If you are interested in exchanging between our kids, send me a PM.
    cherlygirlie

Answer by cherlygirlie at 4:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i have an 11 almost 12 yr old girl and a 7 yr old boy pm me and let me know if you would like to let them talk
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 12:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2009