Anyone know what this could be

Ok so last friday night my son got sick and had a fever of 103 I took him to the doctor on sun bc he broke out in bumps all over his body. The doctor told me it was scarlet fever and put him on med, now for the last 2 days his finger tips are peeling its where the finger prints are and today it has gotten so bad that all the skin is gone and they are starting to bleed not bad but like lil spots of blood, He missed 3 days of school last week and i don't know if i should keep him home tomorrow and take him to doctor again or send him, I keep thinking of how painful and about germs in school with them open like that, Please if you have any ideals let me know

tonya221984

Asked by tonya221984 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have no idea; hopefully somebody could advise you. But, I just wanted to say that it sounds horrible and I'm so sorry for your little guy :( I hope he gets better soon!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Call the dr first thing in the morning and ask if he should be seen and if he should go to school.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• my lil nephew had something like that but his was "red mans disese"they thought it was scarlet fever but it ending up being red man deses
    Anonymous

• I would definitley keep him home & call the dr...trust your gut. I truly believe God gives us moms a 6th sense about these things. I am so sorry for your little guy ...I sure hope he is ok & you & him will be in my prayers.
    sjlawrence356

Answer by sjlawrence356 at 11:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• The school will most likely send him back home anyway so keep him home and get into the Doctor. Maybe the peeling is a side effect or an allergic reaction to the meds. Have you googled Scarlet Fever to see what the time frames are regarding being home and contagious? Also try googling the medication.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 3:13 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• The peeling is part of the scarlet fever. My nephew had that once. Keep his hads as moisturized as possible. If he is miserable @ school he isn't going to learn anything.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 1:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2009