Why is my toddler wiping his feces on his wall at nap time

I have a two year old son and for two months at nap time when he has poop in his diaper he smears it all over his door with his hands, his dad had to fly out for a funeral and is normally home everyday at the same hours with weekends being full days and tonight my toddler stepped it up and while playing in the room with his little brother (11 months) decided to be brave and do it while the door was open and i was in the living room (which is right outside his room) I went in there and told him no no and patted his behind this time thinking it might hurt his feelings then i cleaned him up and told him to sit on his bed while i cleaned up the walls when i was done i turned around he stepped off the bed aimed and pee'd while i was starring at him. We are in the middle of potty training and he is controlling his pee. I don't understand what i could do???? My friend says her does it too but there has to be a way to solve this.

teamlittlex1

Asked by teamlittlex1 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the mean side of me, says ok fine wear a diaper until you learn to only pee in the potty. the nice side of me says, you need to sit him down and find out why he's doing that. chances are he very well understands what he's doing. he needs to know that its not funny.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• i have made it very clear in 100 ways that this is not funny! he is in the middle of potty training and i know he knows what he is doing because every time he wants to go potty in the toilet he runs to the bathroom pulls down his pants and goes! which frustrates me even more i mean we have a very stable family life nothing bad goes on in our house i just dont know how else to make him stop he did not even care that i patted his butt and told him to sit in time out...any ideas anyone i am desperate and just hearing that a couple of my friends kids did this does not make me feel any better my son is a very bright two year old and i am not just saying that as a parent he is.
    teamlittlex1

Answer by teamlittlex1 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• and by the way he does still wear a diaper we just take it off when he has to use the restroom or if he peed in the diaper
    teamlittlex1

Answer by teamlittlex1 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2009