What's worse?

I seen someone do this: There baby's pacifier fell on the floor, so the mom put it in her mouth to clean it off. Now obviously, its better to rinse it in the sink. But what do you think is worse between the floor and your mouth if there was no where to wash the pacifier and your baby was crying for it? I have used the inside of my shirt before to wipe it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have never put my sons in my mouth but its more because i dont want his slobber in my mouth than that i dont think he should have mine in his. i dont really think it matters either way, just personal preference.

Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I always wash my baby's pap pap (sry that's what we call it) in the sink but if there's not a sink i stick it in my mouth. What's wrong with putting it in my mouth? I'm her mother
    Madelyn_Marie

Answer by Madelyn_Marie at 10:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I think its worse to put it in her mouth to clean it off. When my baby did take one, I'd just wipe it off w/my shirt if I wasn't near a sink.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I would never put it into her mouth first...i put it into my mouth...
    Madelyn_Marie

Answer by Madelyn_Marie at 10:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• ACTUALLY IT IS BETTER IN UR MOUTH, UR MOUTH IS CLEANER THAN WATER... DUH
    Anonymous

• The mouth houses a lot more bacteria...so yeah, I would use the inside of my shirt or carry a bottle of water around with me.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 10:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• When this happened before my son stopped taking the pacifier, if I didnt have a way to clean it I just wouldn't give it back to him. Sometimes I'd use hand sanitizer and then rinse it real well with a bottle of water but if there was no way to clean it he just didn't get it. I always brough back ups though.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• If i cant get to a sink to wash it off. I sooth my baby in other ways until I can get to one. Think of how many germs you are giving your baby by sticking it in your mouth before.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• shirt, mouth then shirt again
    better you getting sick than the baby :)
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• i used a baby wipe, my shirt then put it in her mouth i refuse to let it touch my mouth then give itback to her...all that bacteria ew. thats gross
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2009