anyone get pai in there hips

im only 13 wks and sometimes in the morning when i wake up my right hip hurts or when i sit too long or in an awkard position when i go to move i get hip pain as well has this happened to anyone else. this is my second pregnancy and i was informed at my 1st ultrasound that my uterus is tiltled a littletowards my back i dont know if that matters.

kaszilynn88

Asked by kaszilynn88 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes it's normal. through out pregnancy your body releases a hormone (relaxin) that loosens the hips so that they spread for the birth. also note that this hormone doesn't only effect the hips, it can effect all ligaments in your body, feet, knees, elbows, hands etc.
    Anonymous

• yeah i thought it was probably normal i just found it a little odd because i never had this problem with my 1st pregnancy but theyre all diff i guess if anyone else has an opinion please let me know or any suggestions.
    kaszilynn88

Answer by kaszilynn88 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• its normal, and dont be surprised if your hips hurt after birth too. i'm sure mine went back together afterwards.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Not quite that early but after the 4th or 5th month my hips started hurting so bad at night it was sometimes unbearable.I couldnt ever get comfortable. If it starts hurting at night try sleeping with a pillow between your legs on your left side. It should help out.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• It is called a retroverted uterus, I have one. I have had bad back pain and hip pain ever since I became pregnant. I am currently 34 weeks and still in pain! Good luck my dear!
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 10:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Sounds like round ligament pain. Keep an eye on it. I had it early on in pregnancy with DS and am now pregnant again. I had it a little at the beginning of this pregnancy, but now am 37 weeks and have to go to physical therapy because I'm in so much pain.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 11:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• yes, my hips always hurt!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• yep, sometimes it gets worse the further along you are. i had my baby 3 months ago and they still bother me more so at night though.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 1:11 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• OMG, I cry myself to sleep at night!! I have the worst hip pain, indescribable. It almost feels detached from my body. Its started at 32 weeks and now i'm 40, and i can't take it anymore. My little peanut needs to come out!!!!
    Maidenmomma1

Answer by Maidenmomma1 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 10, 2009