Whats a good way to lose around 10 or 15lbs in a week?

I am going out next weekend and i would like to lose 10 lbs by then so i can wear this outfit without looking like a fat ass in it.. thanks for the help..

faithsmama1208

Asked by faithsmama1208 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Health

• however you loose 10 in a week will be completely unhealthy. It is safe to loose 1-2 in a week, bu tnot 10
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Go buy a weight reduction suit at the store. Drink about a gallon of water a day and wear that thing while you do house work and walk exercise with it on. I also second the above post. Healthy weight lose is about 10lbs a month, not a week. Be careful!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 10:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I don't know any way that can guarantee that amount in one week. The first week I worked out hard and thought for sure I'd dropped at least 5-7 and I barely lost 2 pounds. I think it takes your body a minute to realize that you're burning calories and to get in the grove. Is there not anyway you can just start exercising now to work towards losing weight the healthy way and just buy a bigger size in the outfit for now?
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Stop eating & run from sunup to sundown?
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Ditto the first poster. There is no healthy way to do that.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 10:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Omitting salt, soda, and eating reduced carb diet will help. Eat lots of fiber and protein. Stick to a 1,200 calories/day diet. Drink lots of water. Try to do at least 45 minutes of cardio every day. You will lose at least 8 pounds a week at first. A lot of it is just water weight. But that will make you look/feel thinner and fit into things better. You'll also look less bloated. Don't starve or go under 1,200. If you tried, you'd be so miserable and tired... and end up binging and bloating up. I suggest lifting some weights and do toning exercise. Slathering on skin firming lotions with gradual tanners will make you look thinner too. Stranding up straight, and pulling back your shoulders a bit is a neat trick that makes anyone look several pounds lighter.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• uhh.starve yourself.. and then suffer the consequences later. You can't want to lose 15 lbs. for one weekend! Make a healthy life style change and take it off sensibly ( 1-2 lbs. a week).. up your exercise, cut out soda and sugar, eat healthy and keep it off and LOOK healthy forever!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• thanks ladies for the advice...
    faithsmama1208

Answer by faithsmama1208 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2009