asked earlyer but i want more advice plz

so this last week has been really hard on my body
i aint been able to sleep or anything
i walk my dog and right when i start i get a cramp all on my right side
then my lower belly feels like the skin is ripping off and gettting stabbed
iv had 3 false labors this week
and im due tomorrow
iv finaly lost my plug so im hoping that means im dilating and dilating fast lol
im ready ready for her to be here
i walk every night to help the labor process
any one go advice to help me cheer up and hold out on the being induced????
i want to do this birth as natural as i can
but with how sore my body is im scared im gonna brake and get the drugs :(

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Whats wrong with drugs?
    Drugs are amazing and I would advise them to everyone.
    I busted a slow leak and went to the hospital and they
    gave me drugs in the iv to make my labor go faster.
    I dont know why someone would want to go thru so many
    hours of labor if they can make it faster. And I dont know
    why somoene would want to feel all the pain if you don't have
    to.
    Theres no shame in the drugs.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 10:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My advice is not to get stressed out about going natural. i wanted to go natural so bad I almost had a panic attack during labor. Do what you feel is best for you and your baby whether its meds or natural.
    Also if you are so sore are you sure you should be walking? Maybe your body actually needs rest. One thing you'll want when you actually do go into labor is a well rested, healthy body.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• bronxcouture the problem with drugs is sometimes 1 intervention causes the mom to have to take more and more drugs and its not always best for mom and baby. The more drugs you have, the higher your chances are that you have to get an emergency C section so they should be avoided if you CAN. But if you can't, girl get the drugs!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• i had the best labor and delivery anyone could ask for...thanks to drugs. its great that you want to go natural, our bodies are capable of it, but do not feel ashamed or like a wimp if you end up with drugs. it made my experience so much calmer and i was able to sleep up until it was time to push. is this your first? they say its easier after the first to go natural, because your body has been through it before.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I had one natural birth and one with drugs. Just let me tell you that I'm getting those drugs this time. The first one I had the drugs and the epidural. It was a calmer experience. The second one I got nothing and the pain that I had was the worst thing I have ever felt in my entire life! I rushed into the hospital at 8 cm and delivered about 10 minutes later. It was chaotic! I'd rather have the more laid back, soothing birth. And don't stress yourself out. I know you have heard this a thousand times, the baby will get here. Really at this point sooner than later. So just relax, put your feet up, maybe take a shower. You are going to need rest now before you go into labor because it could be long. Good luck and I hope you let us know what happens form here. I'm scheduled for induction on Thursday. I'm just counting the days LOL.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 10:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• OH and if you do get induced you will want the drugs. The induction meds they will give you will make your contractions harder, last longer, and more painful. Relax and take a warm bath. Not a hot one but a warm one. That was my favorite thing to do when i got close.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I took drugs during both of my labors. Everything went fine.
    My second labor the doctor wanted me to wait for the meds
    and she let my contractions get really far along and painful
    and I was screaming. Let me tell you I was so pissed
    because I never wanted to feel pain like that in my life.
    My worst fear of labor is not making it to the hospital in
    time for the pain meds.
    The inducing meds are no big deal either. Its a simple IV.
    We can live our whole lives without the advantages of
    modern medecine but I'm so thankful for all of them and
    I will take full advantage of the times.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 11:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I got the epidural first and the pitocin last..I was in labor 5hrs and pushed for 12 mins.Dont let anyone make you feel bad if you want them.Its your call your body.You are the one that has to go thru the pain, but definitely more power to ya if you go natural! I liked the epidural to much! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I Would Take A Warm Bath or Shower And Relax Your Muscles Specially Since You Are Almost Due. Take Benadryl If You Can't Sleep
    Try Holding Off On The Walks They Can Just Be Inducing Braxton Hicks
    Don't Worry If You Can't Do It Naturally, Try To If That's What You Want But DON'T Be Ashamed If You Opt For Pain Meds. I've Done It Both Ways And I Will Take Pain Meds ANYDAY
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 5:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Some women just prefer to go through labor drug free. I want another drug free labor and delivery like I had with my son. Don't ask me why, because it was the worst pain I have EVER experienced in my life, but that's the way I want it to happen. I would never say to a woman, "You have to have a drug free birth" and I don't want anyone telling me "You have to get drugs during your labor". It's a very personal choice, but it disappoints me to see so many mothers suggesting drugs when she would prefer not to have them. The option is always there, but I think being supportive of her choice is better than trying to convince her to do it your way.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2009