Do you still put a 9 month old rear facing on a plane?

her car seat is convertible and I am bringing it just incase they have an extra seat... But I dont know if it will fit rear facing the proper way it supposed to be level.

LuvsDanika

Asked by LuvsDanika at 10:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. Our carseat fit just fine in the rear facing position. The flight attendants will help you install it.
    Anonymous

• honestly, i'd just check the seat at the gate. IMO it would be more trouble than its worth.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Well im asking because shes a squirmer when being held lol and she likes her carseat so I am thinking it might be worth it , and if I want to take her out I can then.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• And so you know, they give the elderly and families with young children the option to board first. I always boarded first when my son and I flew a couple times.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I am not sure if they are going to let me board first because I am flying standby because my step mom works for the airline. This is my first time flying with my DD
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• They won't even let you take it on unless they KNOW there's going to be an empty seat and even then they'll make you pay full price for it.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it needs to go rear facing.
    Did you know that seats on Air Force transports face backwards when possible? Backwards is safer.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:25 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• um i definatly dont pay ful price for it. I pay $7 per flight when flying standby because my step mom works for the airline. I pay that until I am 21. UGH! I hate repeating myself
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 4:01 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Is the seat even approved for airplanes? Not all are.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:44 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Car seats: A seat may be purchased for the infant. If the infant is not restrained in a seat certified for motor vehicle or aircraft use, the adult must hold the infant during taxi, takeoff, landing, any time the seatbelt sign is illuminated and when instructed to do so by the flight crew.

Its says motor vehicle OR aircraft use
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:18 AM on Feb. 23, 2009