Do you think its racist to use

to use the word ghetto or ebonics?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• First, are you the same person that started the other drama and deleted post?
    Second, it depends on how it is used.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Nope! What drama?
    Anonymous

• Nope I use the word ghetto all the time! My phone is "ghetto" I need to get a new one.
    Ebonics is considered a language! I speak ebonics. So neither of these are racist.
    Anonymous

• A ghetto is formed in three ways:[4]

As ports of entry for racial minorities, and immigrant racial minorities.
    When the majority uses compulsion (typically violence, hostility, or legal barriers) to force minorities into particular areas.
    When economic conditions make it difficult for minority members to live in non-minority areas.

However, lots of people are called ghetto and they are not a minority. Its not racist
    Anonymous

• Are you racist? And why would you post a question like that? Grow up. Thats not just or fun. Its just stupid!
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 10:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• no. every person (no matter the race) can use these words. of course if the wrong person says them its offensive tho. THAT is wht pisses me off.
    Anonymous

• it's not racist when I say "I have a ghetto booty" LOL that just refers to my huge butt. I'm a white girl BTW.

but like MamaChamp said, it depends on how it's used. If you call someone Ghetto just because he/she is black, that's racist.

Ebonics is a dialect, not racist. it's taught in some colleges now as a real language.
    Anonymous

• do you consider Nigger rigged ghetto? I know of black people who use this term themselves and they dont have any problem when i laugh at them for doing so
    Anonymous

• munch is ghetto
    Anonymous

• i think its ghetto to talk like you live in the ghetto
    Anonymous