I got my hair done on Friday a spiral perm, advice please

and after she took out the curlers it was curly, but then she combed through my hair and cut it and after that, it's barely curly, but she gave me her numbers and said I could get it redone next week for free, I paid 100 bucks for it, but I"m afraid of my hair getting really shorter if I get it again, or if I dis-like it after I get it done, or it being frizzy or stuff like that so I don't know but I don't like how it is, and I paid a good amount of money for it to be curly and it's barely at all. so advice? should I deal with not liking it just in case if I get it redone it's horrible, or should I take my chances and get it redone b/c it might look better?

Proud_Mama3988

Asked by Proud_Mama3988 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If if didn't take I sure wouldn't get it permed again a month later and risk burning ALL your hair off! I would tell them I want it re-done by someone else in a month or so, to avoid further problems. Is it just not what you wanted or did the curl fall out?
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• honestly.... she may have forgotten a step and not have told you. I was an assistant for 3 years in a salon and i did soooo many perms... ( I did the application process after they rolled it) and I thought that the stylist had already put on the neutralizer ( what keeps it curly) and I just rinsed and took out the rollers. Her hair was curly but I had to say something cuz thats how i am, and i cried because i felt so bad. The girl came back and had it redone the next week and her hair was fine.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I just wouldnt advise you get it redone if you are the type of person that likes to play, lets pick another color every month. If you dont do anything else to your hair on a regular basis , its fine. BTW I went to cos, just didnt have the desire to actually cut and color and all that crap after i was done because I got the salon job my first year in cos and was way more advanced then the rest of my class so i got bored and quit
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Go back to her, there is no reason it should not be the way you paid for.

It is your right... you might just new 2 sets of solution, i used ot when i would get a perm
    MRSHEATHERSMAMA

Answer by MRSHEATHERSMAMA at 6:55 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I used to do hair and this is just my opinion.....don't do it again, at least not anytime soon. Before ever doing it again then be willing to go in for a test curl.....where they take a little in the back and perm it for free or small fee to make sure it works before taking the time to do the whole head as well you paying for it. This is common on straightners too. So sorry this happened to you....I have naturally curly hair and the straightners never worked on me, at least not for very long. I now use the large round brush and flat iron when I really want the straight look......you may have to do the over-night spiral rollers for the curly thing......at least no permanent or long term damage is done this way. Good Luck.
    Doityourselfer

Answer by Doityourselfer at 8:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I had a perm fall out very quickly once. 6 weeks later I went back for a redo and this time they used more rollers. I had to grow that perm out and it was great. I have very fine hair but lots of it.
    Even when I got my hair done for my wedding that had to use LOTS of product or it just falls out.

Could they have forgotten the neutralizer?? I would want to make sure they are certain they did or you could really damage your hair having the perm done again too soon.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Perms suck! they are a thing of the "80's".. Don't go get it re-done. I had back to back spiral perms in 1990 and my long hair ended up fried, and short!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Feb. 24, 2009