Bedtime?

What time do you put your toddler to bed? Does she need as much sleep as my 8month old? I put my 8 month old to bed around 8:30 or 9. My toddler stays up till about 9:30 or 10. Just wanted to know if that was too late.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well when jerzi was 8 months she went to be at 730. Now she goes to bed any time between 830 and 10. She still wakes up at night and the same time every morning and takes 2 naps during the day. She's almost 13 months.
    JerzisMommy

Answer by JerzisMommy at 10:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My DS is 16 months old and he has gone to bed EVERY night at between 7:30 and 8. He sleeps until about 8 in the morning. He also takes one nap a day lasting about 2 hours.
    Anonymous

• my daughter usually goes to bed at 8 9 at the latest but she's a little off dh had been on vacation so she stayed up with him. my niece dont go to bed till 4 am
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Mine is 2.5 years.
    She gets up at 7am, takes one nap for about 1.5 hours, and goes to bed at 7:15pm.

Heres's good site for sleep guides:
    www.familysleep.com

Keep in mind that some research is finding a link between too little sleep as a preschooler and behavior problems in grade school. If your toddler has good behavior all day and evening, then she's probably getting enough. If she acts rotten or wild in the afternoon and evening, she needs more.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:20 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• my son is 2, i put him to bed between 9 and 10 (so i can sleep a little later in the morning) and he wakes up anywhere between 8 and 10
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 12:36 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I have a ten month old and a two year old. According to every book i read they both need about 12 ours at night and at least 1.5 hours nap during the day. I find so that i have adult time to do what i need to and have some peace and quiet to myself and with my hubby...that a nap at around 11:45am and 7:45 pm bed time works great we have had the same routine since my first son was 5 months old and the rule in my house is when one goes so does the other. It is so nice. But whatever works for you it depends on if they have daycare in the mornings i guess or what time your household awakes. everyone is different but a schedule is awesome!!!
    teamlittlex1

Answer by teamlittlex1 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2009