How do you do it all?

My husband works nights so when I get off work in the afternoons its just me, the house work, an 8month old and a 2 year old. Any tips for managing it all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• welcome to mother hood were we take care of the kids, we cook we clean do laundry and take care of our men lol sometimes it sucks lol
    Anonymous

• i totally know where you are coming from. i have a 2 year old and an 8 month old and i swear i have to beg on my hands and knees just to get him to change a diaper... please! i think they think they have done their part already just by getting us prego. uhhh welcome to the good life lol

setliff

Answer by setliff at 11:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Wecolme to the club I have three girls 10, 5, 2 ( and one on the way) plus I work part time.
    I have a pattern I follow. Also cleaning can be easier once they are asleep since they don't have school yet. Also hubby should help when he can parenting is a group effort.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Haha get in line. I have an 8 month old son, a helpless DH and our roommate who may as well be his twin haha we all have full time jobs, I have another parttime job and I'm a fulltime college student. You have to balance your time.
    Anonymous

• Wow, wanna trade lives? i have 3 kids(twins, 3 10m old baby) i work full time 3p-11p and hubby works full time 8a-5p, so i pretty much do everything because he leaves them at the sitters until about 8 so he can get something to eat and have some "chill" time, as pp said you have to balance your time! i usually just pick days of the week like this day i'll super super clean the house (all others i just kind of pick up) and this day i'll do laundry and this day i'll do this and this day i'll do that, of course cooking for me isn't a huge deal because its usually only 2 out of 7 nights i have to do that which i dont mind!
    Anonymous

• Skip the housework. Just gotta put that on the bottom of the priority list. If hubby works nights, that means he's home during the day --- so split up the work with him 50/50. If he doesn't want to go for that.... just clear a path through the middle.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My 2 yo entertains my 6 month old so I can get things done. I also make the kids nap together so I can have "me" time. My hubby works 3-11:30 so I know how you feel.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 11:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2009