my daughter gets car sick all the time and throws up,should i give her dreamamime to fall asleep???will it harm my babygirl???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I used to get car sick. ...but i dont think i'd want to give dramamine to my child ALL THE TIME. i mean, maybe for long road trips but not on every day driving.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• it depends on the age of the child, there is special kind for babies and toddlers I think and also ask doc. Here are some things that help me fight it tho: I make sure I have something in my stomach, tho not totally full. it absorbs tummy acids...also try to get her to look out the windows, talk to her. Never let her read, watch movies as this makes it worse.poor thing, and poor you watching her go thru it. it sucks.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• You didn't say how old she is. If she is old enough, give her mints or mint gum instead. Tell her to look at things out the window. For example play, "I spy" or "slug bug" to keep her looking outside. Don't let her read or play video games or watch movies in the car - the confusion of motion between the inner ear and eye is what causes motion sickness. If she is very young...too young for the mints and games, place an object on the car window that catches her eye. Something like a baby toy that you can attach to the window with a suction cup, preferably something that moves. When she looks at this, she will also see out the window and her ears and eyes will experience the same motion.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 5:18 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My daughters doctor mentioned it would be better for her to look out the front window rather than the side windows.
    mommy0507

Answer by mommy0507 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• At Target or Walmart they have an organizer in the Auto department that you can put on the back of the passanger or drivers seat. Covers the whole back of the seat. Holds everything. I did this for every kid. Have them pick out their own toys and those are their CAR toys now. Every few months have THEM switch out the toys...
    motherabc

Answer by motherabc at 9:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2009