Fever with no symptoms??????

My son is three months old. And has been happy as could be all day. I noticed he felt warm and checked his temp and it was 100.3 and that was at 5pm. He wasnt over dressed or anything like that. But I striped him down to just a onezie and it dropped slightly. But it was still there and his cheeks are bright red. He got kinda fussy. At 6pm I gave him tylenol and checked him last at 7pm. Then it was down to 99.6. Hes laying in his crib smiling and happy. I dont know what would cause this. He is pretty much over his cold. I thought maybe a ear infection but he doesnt cry when I lay him down. What could this be?? And what should I do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Health

• I wouldn't count that as a fever at all. Anything under 100.4 is still in the normal range and nothing to be concerned about. You said he is getting over a cold? That could be the culprit for everything you described. Just keep an eye on him, and call your ped if you're worried.
    Anonymous

• Keep a close eye on his temp like youv'e been doing. When my son was a few months he got a small fever so we did the tylenol and motrin. He has always stayed in a pretty good mood while he's sick, he plays, eats like normal. We woke up at 5am to a temp of 105.1 and rushed him to the er to find out he had croup. It could be a number of things, probably nothing to worry about but if it continues I would call the pediatrician to see what they say.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 23, 2009