what do you think the best breast pump is. I am going to buy one.

I was thinking about the medela freestyle but it's the most expensive in their line so if you have tried it give me your opinion an if not let me know which one you think is best.

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have the Medela pump in style. I think it works great BUT I never use the double pump option. I could have saved money by just getting the one where you only pump one breast at a time. It takes longer but that's how I do it anyway...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I had the Medela Pump in Style too! I did used the double pump option, and thought it worked really great!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 11:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I used to have one I rented out but I don't remember what it was. Either way I didn't use the double breast option because my breasts were to big to put them on both at the same time. I wouldn't get one on right and it would pinch the heck outta my nipple for not being placed right. I couldn't let go of one to put on the other so I just did one at a time. I figured the freestyle would be cool because I wouldn't have to hold them on.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• try using your hand. It's worked for milking cows for centuries and it doesn't cost a thing
    Anonymous

• Wow Anon 11:23....you are rude. I'm sure you're a FF nazi too. Get over yourself....she is trying to give her baby the best start!!!

Britni--I have a Medela Lactina Select that I rent from my local WIC office. It is a hospital grade double-electric and works great, and I don't have to pay for it. I would look into renting one....the one I have is an 800 dollar pump!!! YIKES!
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Thanks aidens mommy...I had one from the wic office. I used it for 6 months but they are very short on pumps and needed it back they like to give them to high risk people like myself, who couldn't breast feed because my son wasn't latching right. So for the first 2 months I bottle fed my milk. Now he does it on his own but I still need the pump to store extra milk just incase we have to go some where, or I have to leave him with the sitter.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My daughter has a Comfort Select Performance that works awesome. It only pumps one breast at a time, but it pumps very well. It uses electrical power or can run on batteries if you have to travel - even comes with a little carry case. She says it is very comfortable, doesn't hurt her engorged breasts, and has a good suction that doesn't pull too hard.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:12 AM on Feb. 23, 2009