pink urine?

just this evening i saw pink urine in my baby's diaper. while i was changing her, she pee-ed and as soon as the pee hit the diaper, it turned pink.
She does not seem to be in any pain, no fever, she's just normal except for the urine.
I'm waiting till morning to call the Doc but was wondering if anyone can tell me what that might mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Kidney/urinary/bladder infections as it sounds like a little blood in her urine. Definantly call doc first thing. She may have pain, but not enought to fuss constantly...adn by the time she gets a fever, generally that means she is already very sick. Don't wait, call and take her in. good luck mom.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• It could mean she's a little dehydrated. My son's pee was like that when he was first born cuz I wasn't producing enough milk for him. I had no idea either I felt so bad!
    Anonymous

• How old is she?? If still very young (under a week or 2) it could be urite crystals. I dont know anything about this except that it makes the diaper look pink and its normal....I asked the nurses at the hospital after my son was born....they're supposed to go away soon after birth tho. Sorry if this doesnt help!
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 11:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My daughter is 10mths old.
    Anonymous

• Ohh...yeah I'd call her doc. tomorrow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• She has no rash on her bottom/genitalia? If not she needs to be soon first thing tomorrow.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2009