I am contemplating a hysterectomy because of heavy bleeding. Has anyone had any bad side effects and if so what were they?

Any negative side effects from a hysterectomy? I am very nervous about depression, demetia etc. after having my hysterectomy. I am having it because of heavy bleeding and I am told it will only be a partial. Help! I need feedback! Thank you!!!

LChaff

Asked by LChaff at 11:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Health

• You can still have tons of hormonal issues with a partial... and that can cause all sorts of problems down the road. I'd avoid it if at all possible.

Have you looked into endometrial ablation? You shouldn't have much in the way of side-effects with the procedure ---- but if you do, a hysterectomy could still be your back-up.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Can you get an endometrial ablation for the bleeding? I had this and it worked wonders!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:27 AM on Feb. 23, 2009