Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wisdom Teeth?

I have to have [all 4 of] my wisdom teeth out, like, yesterday lol. They are impacted and causing extreme jaw pain that sometimes makes it hard to eat so all 4 are coming out at the same time....the only problem is I'm SUCH a baby when it comes to my teeth..I would rather have 5 more babies than be in tooth pain.....is it really bad? Does it hurt a lot? :( Prepare me please!

Answer Question
 
AidensMommy608

Asked by AidensMommy608 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 6 (140 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • I had two of mine cut out. I just paid the extra money to have them put me too sleep. And then they give you pain pills for afterwards. It will hurt after and feel odd and bleed. but it wont last long. Its worth it. Just get put to sleep.
    ashtonjames

    Answer by ashtonjames at 11:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

  • I'm supposed to get mine pulled too but I have yet to call the dentist. I work with a girl who got 3 wisdom teeth pulled and it was so bad she couldn't eat anything solid for over a week. She lost like 10 lbs though so I guess that's something to look forward to lol.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

  • I had 3 out at once. They should give you percocet or something similar for the pain. I had general anesthesia because they had to surgically remove mine since they weren't grown in. I can honestly say, it was no where near as bad as I imagined. The first day, I didn't really eat a whole lot just make sure you have some jello and broth at home for when you do get hungry. You won't be able to drink from a straw (at least they told me not to to prevent dry socket) but you can drink water just fine. It's been a while for me, but I know that the pain was alot less than I had imagined, I was up and around the next day but yes your jaws will be sore from them having your mouth open so long, your lips will be dry and cracked probably so make sure you have some good lip balm too. I'm not saying its all fun and games but trust me, your imagination is getting away with you...mine did :)
    AprilDJC

    Answer by AprilDJC at 11:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

  • GAHHHH!!! You're supposed to be encouraging me! Not scaring me away!!! haha My appt for the consultation is tomorrow...I've already rescheduled once...I want to get put to sleep or at least knocked out by the Nitrous but I BF [no wars please] and I don't know if its safe....? I'm actually kinda looking forward to it because of the thought of eating crunchy, chewy foods again! haha
    AidensMommy608

    Answer by AidensMommy608 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

  • Lucky here to have a Brother-n-law for a dentist. Three wisdom teeth out so far... Yes, it will hurt. But, not to bad if you don't get a dry socket. You'll get some pain pills. Just make sure you follow all the directions and you should do just fine. Don't worry.
    heavenschild99

    Answer by heavenschild99 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

  • I got all 4 of mine taken out when I was 21 and it hurt and bled for a while.
    Gigi1969

    Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

  • I had all 4 of mine out at once. I was put under for it so that part didn't bother me. From what I remember, the aftermath wasn't that bad either. I had pain pills, ate lots of ice cream and other cold things, looked like a chipmunck with stuffed cheeks, and my mom took a really "nice" picture. It was over 20 years ago so I certainly survived! You can do it. Just think of all the yummy things you will enjoy eating afterward.
    kaycee14

    Answer by kaycee14 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

  • I would rather be tied to a stake, whipped with a lash 50 times, left out in the cold overnight, starve without food for 2 weeks, go blind, and have my fingernails ripped out than go to the dentist.

    Best wishes to you sweetie. I hope you have more bravery with the dentist than I do. {{HUGS}}
    PrydferthMenyw

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

  • I had mine out I was great until the morning after I started vomitting quiet violently due to another disease I am being treated for. That vomitting caused me to lose my clots and develop dry socket it has been a miserable miserable time ever since. But dry socket is rare only 3% of people get it. HOWEVER the chances of getting and infection in your gums (which by the way your describing your pain sounds like you already have one hun) and having very serious health complications is much more likely. There was a time when impacted wisdom teeth could actually be fatal because the vessels go straigh tot your heart and the infection can get there too, so bite the bullet and get them pulled in the mean time zilactin b on teh gums really helps and also helps with dry socket should you develop it
    humaniterian87

    Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.