What are some foods that help produce more breastmilk?

ZoeLife1

Asked by ZoeLife1 at 12:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well i know soy is a no no... have you tried fenugreek?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Fenugreek herbal pills. They can be found at any health food store. Also drink and drink and drink water till you feeling like puking : )
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 12:11 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I didnt know there were foods. but i have heard that drinking a beer helps produce more milk.
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 12:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• oatmeal....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:53 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Fenugreek, oatmeal... Not much, except pump pump pump and nurse nurse nurse. Don't over-hydrate yourself, that can actually slow your milk production!!! If you want to PM me, I'm a lactation specialist. It looks from your profile that you are pregnant? Don't stress about supply unless you actually have issues with it. Also keep in mind how tiny your baby's tummy will be, so he/she won't need much milk to begin with. Breastmilk is very supply/demand, in that the baby emptying the breast tells the breast to make more.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:03 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Bean curd found in tofu is good, first time I stir fried some in with my dinner my boobs filled up like first week engorgement!
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 8:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• fenugreek, oatmeal, mother's milk tea.
    oh and you need to eat the old fashioned oats, not the instant kind.
    and nurse baby as often as possible, that's the best way to increase supply.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• What everyone else has said. Try to google "Lactation cookie recipe" for a great recipe to help your milk supply :) Also, make sure you're drinking enough water!
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 11:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• instant oatmeal worked fine for me but if you need a good boost, find a good oatmeal cookie recipe that is heavy on the oats.
    anna7bmom

Answer by anna7bmom at 5:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2009