if youre mil got tons of loans under your husbands identity behind his back but she paid them all on time would u still press charges on her?

and her excuse was to build him credit but we never asked her to do that and she never asked us for permission, would you still take her to court? because she showed all the receipts to the detective that she was paying all of the loans she got under her son's identity and the detective thought it was fine because she was paying them, what do u think? my husband thinks it would of only been fair if she would of atleast given him half of every loan she got and should of asked him first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Um. Isnt that illegal? Isn't it called forgery and/or identity theft?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I guess I do think it's okay as long as she really DID build up the credit but I'd be kinda scared to ever piss her off...
    Anonymous

• its def. identity theft. and whats worse its its her own child and she'll always know his ss #/ maybe you cn et that legally changed so she cant mess with his credit anymore.
    alinzasmommy

Answer by alinzasmommy at 12:18 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Get that detectives badge # and report him for encouraging illegal activity.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I'd be so angry with her and WOULD press charges and NOT show up at Thanksgiving. That is an awful thing of her to do.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It is illegal....but it is your husband's SSN and your husband's mother, so it is ultimately up to him whether he wants to press charges. If I were in his position I would tell her to never do it again or I will press charges, but let her off this time to save family relations. But then again I do like my mom, I have no clue what his relationship with his mom is.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 12:24 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Oh and as for the detective, report him. He took an oath to uphold the law and charge those who break it. If I robbed a bank I wouldn't be let off because I had good intentions for the money.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 12:28 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• annamac its not the first time she does this she had already done it before and my hubby gave her a chance and she blew it again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Then in that case press charges for sure! She is not going to stop and you guys could really end up regretting it. Also it would be a really good investment to sign up for a program like Lifelock.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 12:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2009