I NEED your HEEEEEELP!!!!

My daughter was in the hospital for a day and a 1/2 . well they never brought us a crib for her so we had to hold her all night. now she thinks we have to hold her or shes not going to sleep. what can i do? i need to get her back on her schedule and get her back in her bed. what can i do? please help im about to go insane!!

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 12:12 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take it slow. Obviously there was something seriously wrong with her health. She has got to be very stressed out and confused about the hospital stay and whatever pain she may have been in. Just slowly over the next couple of weeks get your schedule back.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 12:15 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I know it will be hard...but just focus on the positive. Like that she is home and on her way back to being healthy.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 12:16 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• What was she in the hospital for? I don't think one night of holding her all night would make her not to sleep in her bed. If she's ill she might just need comfort. How old is she? I would just lay her in her bed when she's sleeping. If she wakes up just let her be. If she's crying let her cry for 2 to 3 minutes and then go comfort her by singing or just letting her know your there. Get her back to sleep. If she cries again wait 4 to 5 minutes before you go to her. Each time wait a little longer. She'll get that your there for her and still be able to sleep, well hopefully.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I second that answer from Anonymous
    AlanaAndTristan

Answer by AlanaAndTristan at 12:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• she was in the hospital because she was really sick and got dehydrated , she is 7 1/2 months old. every time i lay her in her bed "asleep" she wakes right back up. but i hold her she falls right back asleep do it again and she wakes up... im so frusterated.
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 12:57 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• You should be lucky that your baby came home from the hospital. Our neighbors just lost their son to SIDS last weekend. Hold that baby tight and thank God she is okay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2009