Training 2 yr old dog?

we have had a dog for almost 2 yrs hes a pomeranian named chewy..my ?is he pees & poops on my floor.i could have left him outside to use the "potty" but comes right in & goes on my carpet(not all the time)how can he be trained ?also he wont walk on a leash he screams & cryies so i give up.i looked into trainers & we just dont have that kind of money right now is there a way i can train him i dont want to give up on him,were gonna be fixing up our town house to put it up for sale and dh wants to get new carpet & says if hes not trained by then he has to go(wich i understand we cant have him peeing on the new carpet),any tips would be great thanks,,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pets

• you could try crate training. it was the only way i could train my dog.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Crate Training. Also When He Is Not In The Crate Walk Him Every Hour on The Hour. Also Make Food Times For Him, Don't Let Him Eat All Day. As Far As The Walking Goes, Put The Leash On Him And When He Stops Walking And Starts Whining Lift Up On The Leash Just Enough So His Front Paws Come Off The Ground, When His Front Paws Come Off The Ground He Will Start Moving Them Then Let Him Down And He Will Start To Walk (If Only For A Few Steps), Just Keep Doing It.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 5:12 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I agree with the answers above. You need to start from the beginning. Crates are wonderful. When you feed him, only put the food down for 15 minutes at each meal. Water goes up say at 6pm. Take him out every hour like suggested. If you catch him in the act, make a loud noise and take him outside immediately. Local petstores sometimes have affordable classes. I am training a pup right now. It is you that is being trained too! Consistency is the key. Good Luck. Remember you are the alpha of the pack, not the dog.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Normally I don't care for crating dogs; but to curb this particular problem (unless you're home all the time) you may need to as the pp stated...

When we adopted our female she had been kept in a cage for a dog 3 times her size; so to her going to the bathroom inside was perfectly acceptable...The first time I walked her and she came back inside and immediately peed on the floor that was IT!! After that I would walk her and if she didn't go I'd tie her up right outside the front door (where I could see her); wait 15 or 20 mins and go walk her again over and over and over til she'd finally go; then and ONLY then was she allowed back inside...It took about a week for it to sink in and she still takes forever to go...

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• leash training is easy, dogs are like kids, they learn that if they throw a tantrum then you will give in. let him cry and flip around and whatever he wants, its a battle of wills.my dog who was a stray done the same thing, i stuck in there and of course, she gave in. it may take a few days but it will happen. as far as house training, agfain they are like kids, give her treats if she pees outside, she will learn that pee outside means food, then she will b happy to.
    itainteasy25

Answer by itainteasy25 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2009