Help with ethnic hair!

My daughters hair is turning on me! When she was born she had very soft hair and as she got older he hair started to curl and have some problems with dry coarse spots. Before when I put stuff in her hair it helped and got better. Now her hair just soaks up all the moisturizers and gets dried out again. She is 2 and already has horrible split ends and dried out hair along with her coarse spots. Her hair is breaking again. I don't know how to fix it. Her hair is weird. Its a mix between my husbands (who is black) and mine (I'm white-mexican). She has soft ringlets for the most part. I have been using the Just For Me products but they don't help. And I have put it in her hair and wrapped it too. It doesn't help. What do I do?

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 12:18 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• 3 gifts is right do not relax her hair. I am AA mom with the same hair problems for myslef and ,y girls. The pink lotion has dryint agents too that is why you have to put an oil onit after you apply it. The best thing u have found Is called PCA by Dudley (at a beauty supply store) or any hair products by the Profective line you can purchase these products at walmart, walgreens etc... Also by her a satin scarf or pillow case this will also help her hair to retain moisture.
    Pinky830

Answer by Pinky830 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• motions is what i use on my girls and it works wonders i started useing it on my youngest one when she was 1 and after i wash there hair i use pink lotion for medium to course haor it is a life saver lol
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Don't waste your money on just for me that stuff is CRAP!! Read the ingredient lists on the back of the moisturizers. Stay away FAR away from Petrolium and alchols. They will dry out her hair. Wash her hair no more than once a week. Her scalp needs the natural oil. Wash it with a moisturizing shampoo, then condition. Carefully Towel Dry it. Do not rub the towel on her head, but pat her hair dry. Put in a moisturizer ( I use african pride it comes in a brown and white bottle), then top it with some Pink oil moisturizer, and finish it off with oil to seal the moisture in. It will take a lot of trial and error with different products to see what works best for her. Just make sure you stay on top of her daily moisturizing to keep her hair healthy, and stay away from using a lot of heat on her head.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:23 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Her hair is not turning on you. It is likely to get more course as she gets older. I am told that AA hair doesn't really get it's final texture until around 6 years of age. With my youngest daughter, it is proving to be true. She is 5. Just take the time to learn how to style it, and care for it, and you will be fine. I took me a year to really get good at doing my daughters' hair, but now that I know what I am doing it is not so overwhelming anymore, in fact, it is fun most of the time. They can do things and wear styles with thier hair that I can only wish for. No matter what people say, you do NOT have to relax her hair (When she is older people will start telling you this. It is SO annoying. I used to have total strangers tell me that I HAD to relax my daughter's hair otherwise I would never be able to deal with it.)
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:28 AM on Feb. 23, 2009