Do you think that a couple thats receiving PA that wants to get married should have a wedding?

Me personally don't care but it seems to be alot of judgemental women on here and I would like to see what others thought on this subject.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• i think they deserve a wedding just as much as the rest of us do.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:24 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Answered at 12:24 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 by: Chandra034
    i think they deserve a wedding just as much as the rest of us do.

I agree. I had a wedding while on PA(I let it run out once we gotten married because we didn't need it anymore because my husband was promoted). It was beautiful. We really didn't have to get nothing but my gown and tux and my husband friend wife made my braidsmaids dresses. My mil cooked the food and my mom baked this beautiful cake. Our church help out too. We had premartial counseling and have access to free marriage counseling if we ever need it.
    The whole thing was a blessing!!!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 12:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Every one deserves a wedding! Regardless of income!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:50 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I think they can have a wedding but if you don't have money to live then who in the hell is paying for this wedding? Oh yeah I forgot my damn tax money. Some serious bull crap.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Court house. If they cannot afford to take care of themselves how can they afford a wedding? Seems if they can find the money to pay for a wedding they don't need any social entitlement money.
    Anonymous

• No one deserves a wedding. I don't recall seeing that in the Constitution.lol
    Anonymous

• I think they should have a wedding, but I don't see how they can "go all out" if they don't have any money. It can be done inexpensively tho and I think that would be their best option. Have family cook the food, and most churches will let you use their facility for free or for a donation.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 12:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• No I think people on public assistance should save everything they can and work to provide for themselves. If they have family that wants to pay for the stuff then fine but PA is not supposed to take care of part of your bills so you have extra money to blow. Something very small and simple would be ok, but its not fair to have other people working for your food and then blowing your $100 or more on a dress. If you want all that then save for it and pay for it when you have the money. If your parents are paying then I would say it is ok, but would still keep it small.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Soooo....if someone is getting PA they don't deserve a wedding. We were on PA and had a wedding. My husband worked and have been @ his job for 9 yrs and I worked b4 recievibg assistance so we both put our tax dollars in at the time and even now. So if I decide to want to buy a dress with my tax dollars for my big day, then thats my business. Thats was 3 yrs ago and were doing great w/o assistance but i have no regrets of recieving it because again we put OUR tax dollars in just like everyone else.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 1:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Weddings are not a right. Many go to the courthouse and live their whole lives together. I saved and paid for my own wedding tax payers did not foot the bill. I have been poor and never taken a dime of assistance. I worked two sometimes three jobs. It sucked but now I am a SAHM and we live a great life without financial worry. In this economy that is hard to come by.
    Anonymous